[Yaesu] FT1000d Display Readout

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000d Display Readout
From: wa2rsx@worldnet.att.net (Vince )
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 08:27:50 -0500
It appears that my readout display is off by a few hertz, perhaps as much
as 60Hz.
Is it possible that this is due to alignment of I.F. filters?

Can anything be done using the MARK signal to verify accuracy of the
display readout?
When I tune to WWV signal using CW receive mode and with the SPOT enabled,
it appears perfectly on 15.000MHz when I listen for the wobble-zero point.
However, when listening to other stations, that I assume are on an even
frequency point, e.g., ending with 7###.00, I find that I must tune with an
offset of as much as 60Hz when using the 250Hz filter and CW receive mode.

Does the FT1000d Service Manual include a procedure for adjustment? and if
so, what external test equipment is required?

Regards from Long Island, NY, USA
Vince