[Yaesu] FT-23R

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-23R
From: dgmaley@inav.net (Dave Maley)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 21:38:53 +0000
The white switch is used to place the radio in clone mode.  You can
then clone memory contents from one radio to another.  It barely
works and takes a special cable.
The tone you are looking for is only heard by dogs and other
creatures with ultrasonic hearing.  The encoder was set too high and
the pitch is beyond most hearing.  It gets worse as the radio ages.
Good luck with your new radio.  I've had my original for 11 years.
A very well built radio.  The only thing I've had to do is reset the
master crystal and clean the dirt out of the mic hole.
Dave  WA0ZZG