[Yaesu] FT-990

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-990
From: ae5b@juno.com (ae5b@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 17:19:30 -0600
     I use DXBase for general logging and RTTY by WF1B for contest work.
In both cases the software does not recognize when I switch from VFO A to
VFO B. This becomes a problem when one vfo is on 15 and the other vfo is
on 20.  I at first thought this was just a problem with my logging
software but discovered it also happening this weekend while using RTTY
by WF1B.  Apparently my FT-990 only sends down the band for VFO-A and not
VFO-B to the CAT devices. When operating split there is no problem
because it will populate my comment field with the receive frequency.
     I was operating on 20 on VFO B and with VFO A on 15, the dupe
checker was on 15  screaming "work him" while my screen was getting
filled up with "worked B4" 's.  Since it is happening with both programs
it is either a bug immediately behind the dial or about two feet in front
of the dial.

     Anyone have the same problem.

John
AE5B
ae5b@juno.com
73072.3502@compuserve.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]