[Yaesu] FT-1000MP TX EDSP settings

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP TX EDSP settings
From: DJ2001@aol.com (DJ2001)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 06:21:13 EST
Ok,,,here we go.

I use a MD100A8X mike.  The filter ect on the bottom of the mike are OFF, do
not use them unless you want or like the Heil sounding type audio, which is
more and more highs and less lows.  I dont care for that sound but some folks
do.

Menu 4-4 is OFF, again do not use this menu setting unless you want drastic
changes in your transmitted audio.

Menu 5-9 is set to the 6 Khz setting, leave it there...

Menu 7-7 is set to 200-3100, if you want a little more bass in your
transmitted audio use 150-3100 but it starts to get rumbly if you go that low
with the MD100 mike.  If you turn off this menu completly then you default to
strictly the collins 455 filter and its carrier point settings.  (Im not sure
if thats really true but its my best guess)

The carrier point settings are USB/LSB -50 for transmitt.
Processor carrier point settings are -70.
These settings will change your transmitted audio quite a bit.  If you go more
negative number you will get basser and basser.  Positive numbers will get you
sounding very screachy.

I use my speach processor ALL the time and have the proccesser level set a
about 10 oclock with mike gain at about 9:30 or 10

My goal is to have well rounded audio and as natural sounding as I can get
with some punch but not too much.

Stay back from your mike about 2 or 3 inches at least, closer and you'll get
bassy and start puffing....

Please do not go for the dx sound I hear so much on the upper bands, they just
do not sound good at all.

Well I hope you get that MP working.  Its a very good radio,  I once owned a
FT1000D and it too has a good receiver but I must say that I think the MP is
as good or better.

73
Dale J.
K9VUJ

P.S.  I forgot to mention, I have tried the Shure 444 and could not get that
mike to sound very clear.  It just had too much of a muddy sound..I dont know
why.  Also, it is quite subject to magnetic pickup, for instance if you get a
444 close to a transformer it will hum and buzz like crazy.  Try it.  I dont
recommend the 444, sorry.
I've never owned a Heil mike, but listened to them on the air and I dont like
the sound, d.j.