[Yaesu] DSP59-Y Query

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] DSP59-Y Query
From: jwatson@cde.com (John Watson)
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 19:51:09 -0400
While this query may be strange on a couple of the reflectors listed, it
is pertinent to amateurs, as this item enables the amateur to really
hear those weak signals when other means fail.
This past weekend, I had a phone conversation with one of the owners of
Great River Electronics. They are the ORIGINAL developers of the DSP59-Y
when they were with Timewave.
As we know the DSP59-Y was a great aid to the FT-990, and FT-1000
radios, when installed in the SP-5 & 6 speakers.
The DSP59-Y is still a hard item to find, and still is desired by many.
The conversation was one of the manufacturer, possibly considering the
return of the DSP59-Y, WITH the new UPGRADE.
The manufacturer is really serious about the possible return of the
DSP59-Y, but they need a response from the amateur community to help
with the decision.
If you are interested in obtaining one for your Yaesu, etc. Please let
me know ASAP, as a quick response is greatly appreciated  to help the
manufacturer asses their upcoming manufacturing work scheduling for the
fall.
PLEASE..... keep the flames to yourself, all I am doing is trying to
pass along some helpful information to the amateur radio community.

--
John Watson KC4TBH
11113 Camp St.

--