[Yaesu] G800 calibration

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] G800 calibration
From: marco.spalluzzi@tecnotel.it (Marco)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:29:22 +0200
Hi guys, I've got a G800 and I have to calibrate the control box indication.
I know there is the procedure on the manual, bur I've got a little question:
can you calibrate it when it's mounted on the tower, with antennas already
installed?
Doing this with the rotator on the table is not a problem, but when you move
it on the tower, the holes you use to fix it will be at specific positions,
resulting in a rotation, so you have to do again the job.
Probably it's a strange question, but unfortunately this is the first time I
install a rotator.
Thanks in advance.
Bye, Marco.
ik2xsl@amsat.org