[Yaesu] Need ur ideas on setting up a wheelchair mobile ham station

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Need ur ideas on setting up a wheelchair mobile ham station
From: kz2g@optonline.net (KZ2G)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:18:11 -0400
Go to www.geocities.com/ram9872002/kz2g.htm to see me in my Everest &
Jennings Xcaliber, reclining, motorized wheelchair.  You can see me talking
on my Kenwood TH79A HT, using a speaker microphone.  I want to remove all
the ham equipment mounted on the right armrest of my wheelchair and mount in
that place my Yaesu FT-100D HF/VHF/UHF Transceiver.  Here's my question to
you: What are your ideas for mounting a 2-meter/440 17" whip and a 17-meter
HF whip on my wheelchair?  What antennas do you recommend?  I can use the
chair's 22NF deep cycle Gel cell batteries to power the transceiver.  But
the antenna situation is a hard nut to crack.  I can't have a tall whip
antenna, or I won't be able to get into my Ford Econoline 150 van.  Sooooo,
guys and gals, what are your suggestions for setting up a motorized
wheelchair ham station?  E-mail me your ideas.  And thanks!

Bob, KZ2G --- 10-10 # 10148
        Omni 6 Plus & FT-100D, C U on CW!
        See my Ham web at http://www.geocities.com/ram9872002/kz2g.htm
  Check out my Art Sale at http://www.geocities.com/ram9872002/Artpage1.htm