[Yaesu] FT990 glitches

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT990 glitches
From: nf4l@nf4l.com (MikeR)
Date: Tue Aug 5 16:36:58 2003
Hope this isn't a dupe. I'm having some probems withw e-mail addresses>>>>
Hi fellow Yaesu ops -
My 990 has a couple of problems that I wonder if any of you have
experienced? Or better yet, fixed?
There is no meter movement on any band at any adjustment when the meter is
set to ALC.
I have V1.3 ROM. The CAT interface doesn't respond correctly to mode
setting. If I send 0, it goes to LSB (correct). A 1 puts it in USB
(correct), a 2 and a 3 puts it in CW (wrong),  a 4 and 5 puts it in AM
(wrong), 6 and 7 go to FM (wrong) 8 goes to TTY LSB (wrong) and 9 goes to
TTY USB (wrong). No response above 9. The frequency sets OK and freq and
mode both read back OK.
Thanks for any suggestions.
73 Mike NF4L