Re: [Yaesu] CAT FT990

To: "Mike, VK4DX" <info@vk4dx.net>, yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] CAT FT990
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 21:39:26 +0930
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:05 pm, Mike, VK4DX wrote:
> Hi
>
> can anybody give me the pin layout for CAT interface for FT990
> (9 pin com port on PC to 6 pin CAT connector on the radio)
>
> Thanks.  Mike VK4DX

The cat interface cannot directly be connected to the PC RS232 interface. It
must first be converted from a 5V level to the +-12V level required by RS232
using a device such as the Yaesu FIF-232C interface. For  those with
reasonable soldering skills, there are many suggested circuit diagrams for
home-made voltage level converters using a MAX232 chip are available on the
Internet.

Cat interface radio side:

1 GND
2 Serial Out
3 Serial In
4 PTT
5 S/PO
6 Not Connected

Note: Cat Interface is not RS232 but 5V signal level

FT990 Manuals can be downloaded from http://mods.dk

Hope this helps,

73,

Berndt (VK5ABN)