[Yaesu] FT-757 problem

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-757 problem
From: "George Yazzolino" <kc7hkp@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 21:36:23 -0800
hi guys
I have a FT-757 with very low receive volume, only hear very loud stations
even local am radio stations only the very strong signals. so i took the
covers off and started probing around. when my finger got close to part #
L-03 the volume increased very much.
it looks like a light bulb, never seen any thing like it, its not a resistor
or transistor or capacitor. again it looks like a small light bulb. this is
on the very start of the receive circuit just ahead of the antenna
connection

any ideas what i am looking at and what may be the problem with this rig. I
am just starting out trying to teach my self how to fix or destroy radios

thanks guy and happy holidays

P. George Yazzolino
14801 NE 20 Circle
Vancouver, Wa. 98684