Re: [Yaesu] Mark V w/Linear Amp Problems

To: jlopez@plasticosomega.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Mark V w/Linear Amp Problems
From: "James C. Hall, MD" <nwtcc@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 17:52:26 -0600
Hi Javier:

I see this all the time with my Mark V to a Alpha 87A to Ten-Tec tuner and out to the antenna via Array Solutions RatPak antenna switch. The only thing I can figure is that there is some reactance in between the amp and the Mark V that is not tuned out. Now, I don't use the tuner in the Mark V to tune this out - Alpha advises against using any tuner in front of it - but, boy, am I tempted !

73, Jamie
WB4YDL