[Yaesu] MD-1 DESK MIC CONVERSION

To: "Reflector Yaesu" <Yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] MD-1 DESK MIC CONVERSION
From: "Ralph Beverly" <Rbeverly@insightbb.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 10:16:41 -0400
I have a spare MD-1 desk mic which I would like to use with my FT-847 in
lieu of the hand mic that came with the rig.  However, the optional desk mic
for the '847 is the MD-100abx.  My MD-1 mic connector is wired for my FT-736
and FT-890.  Does anyone know if simply rewiring the mic connector to the
pinout shown in the '847 manual is all that is necessary to use the MD-1 on
the '847, or is there a fundamental difference between the MD-1 and MD-100
that would preclude use of the MD-1 with the '847?

Tnx, 73
Ralph Beverly, W4REB - KY and FL