[Yaesu] FT 920 AND Kam for cw

To: <Yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT 920 AND Kam for cw
From: "Tim" <k3xi@shentel.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 10:53:05 -0500
Could anyone help with this one, I have an FT-920. I am currently using an
external keyer and have the internal keyer off.
Everything works great. Now the problem, for some reason I cannot get my Kam
plus to key the rig in the cw mode.
It works on receive. I have the din plugged into the kam and the other end
plugged into the FT-920 but it does not key.
I checked all I know to check in the kam and the FT-920 but I am missing
something.
The software I am using is Pacterm 98. What I am trying to do is, the wife
would like to upload files in pacterm 98
and have it sent to the rigs key so she can tape them. She wants some different
cw to listen to going to sleep at night.
For this I thought it would be in my best interest to get this to work. (Maybe
I could tell her only the FT-9000 will do this !!)
Thanks so much
DE K3XI Tim
JOHN 3:16