[Yaesu] Inrad FT1000MP Roofing Filter

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] Inrad FT1000MP Roofing Filter
From: "Steve L." <n4sl@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 11:45:12 -0800 (PST)
I installed the Inrad Roofing Filter Mod just days
before the CW SS contest in my FT1000MP Mark V.

I also made the Noise Blanker mod per the W8JI website
while I was in there (already made the Key Click mod a
couple of years ago much to the other contester's
relief).

Even on CW it's a good and worthwhile improvement, 20m
got very, very loud and crowded on Saturday with good
conditions and high participation. The amount of
distortion and 'beeps & boops' of loud adjacent
signals was much reduced -- certainly this is $165
well spent.

I'm going to test it out in the SSB SS where it should
be even more noticeable, but it's a keeper already.

And, I got my highest score in CW SS EVER -- the RX
was much easier to listen to during the crazy times.

Shameless Plug: 1,052 QSOs & a Clean Sweep (I was QRO)

73, Steve N4SL
Snohomish, WA USA