RE: [Yaesu] Emergency power for FT-1000MP Mark V ?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [Yaesu] Emergency power for FT-1000MP Mark V ?
From: "Chuck (Jack) Hawley" <c-hawley@uiuc.edu>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 19:11:33 -0600
Actually what you need is a battery voltage source which is higher than the
required voltage and an regulator. This is often done with a dc to dc
converter...something which runs on say 10 to 14 vdc and puts out the
necessary supply voltages. I suppose you could (in this case) just buy a dc
to ac line voltage converter...like the one you use in your SUV to run the
charger for the laptop, etc.
Chuck, KE9UW