Re: [Yaesu] FT-990 EPROMUpgrade

To: "RFD" <fdavis@nfld.net>, <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT-990 EPROMUpgrade
From: "Robert Pack (NX5M)" <nx5m@txcyber.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 08:50:39 -0500
Last I heard, and this was from a friend in Vermont, as of a year ago the
upgrade was no longer available.  That may have changed however as I find it
just plain silly to not offer the upgrade to those who have the 1.2 version
and there are so many of them out there on the used market.
I have a 990 that this was done to about 2 years ago.  As a matter of fact I
still have two of them.
Consider this though.........depending on the cost of the radio to start,
shipping and bench time for upgrade will not be cheap.  When I had my
original 990 upgraded, the upgrade was free but the bench time ended up
costing something like $155 and then the return shipping added even more.
You may want to consider this when making your decision.  But I'd call Yaesu
and see if you can get a straight answer first.

I do know of a package deal available from a friend in San Antonio, TX who
is selling a 990AC (ver 1.3), Heil ProSet, MD-1 Mic.  Radio has the stock
filters in it plus a 2.0 ssb filter.  He will not break up the set however
and is selling the whole lot for $1000.

Bob NX5M