Re: [Yaesu] fif-232c

To: "Steve Dobbs" <ne3f@verizon.net>, <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] fif-232c
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 06:35:08 -0400
This info is from W6FB on the N1MM Logger reflector recently:

"FTDI makes a USB-serial cable with TTL I/O. It costs about $20 and is
available from Mouser. The cable has serial IO , RTS# and CTS#, so
you can use it for CW or PTT but not both. With the difficulty in
maintaining timing over USB with the standard communications method
for serial, I wouldn't try CW over it, but rather use a K1EL keyer.
It should work quite well for PTT, however.

Software to support the FTDI stuff is available directly from their
web site (www.ftdi.com). I believe the Microham products use the FTDI
chip set as well."

73, Pete N4ZR