Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000 Value

To: Dennis Brickey <n4dd@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000 Value
From: John Tait <bravo@iol.ie>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 18:00:59 +0000
*Hi Dennis*

Dennis Brickey wrote:
> (1) I have the opportunity to purchase an
> FT-1000, and I'm curious about a fair price.  It does not have any
> accessories that I can tell,
> and it is in very nice cosmetic/electrical
> condition.

*About two years ago, I paid the euro equivalent of about $2000 for
mine. It came with the BPF, and a couple of extra filters, which made it
almost an FT-1000D. I did the W8JI mods, filled the two remaining empty
slots with INRADs, and also fitted the roofing filter. I also have an
MP, and an FT2000. The FT2000 is a lovely rig, but the 1000D is slightly
better in pulling out the really difficult ones. They are impossible to
find over here, and I'm not surprised... I certainly won't be parting
with mine...{:o)*
> (2) Does anyone know whether or not the
> BPF-1 bandpass unit for these radios is still
> available.

> *I don't think they're available Dennis, but unless you're into diversity
> reception, or serious contesting, I don't think that you'd really miss it. I
> have one, but I rarely use it. I've seen them for sale second hand
> occasionally. If that rig is at a nice price, I'd buy it. If you change your
> mind later, I don't think you'd have any problem getting back what you paid
> for it.*

*Best 73
    John EI7BA             http://www.iol.ie/~bravo/

*