Re: [Yaesu] Serial Number and year of Manufacture

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Serial Number and year of Manufacture
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@networksplus.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 12:00:34 -0600
* w1nk@cox.net <w1nk@cox.net> [2007 Feb 14 07:39 -0600]:
> Serial number format is YMLLUUUU where
>
> Y is the last digit of the year,
> M is the month with C = Jan, D = Feb and so on,
> LL is the lot number  and
> UUUU is the unit number within the lot.
>
> Frank, W1NK
>
> Sorry, the best I could do on manufacturing years is that production started
> in 1991

My guess on the FT-990 production run was that it probably ended about
the time the FT-1000MP was introduced.  The latest models were probably
produced around 1994 or 1995, but I doubt later than that based on
advertising, as I recall.

73, de Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of