[Yaesu] Icom 746 vs Yaesu FT920

To: <yaesuft920@yahoogroups.com>, <yaesu@mailman.qth.net>,<yaesu@contesting.com>, <IC746@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Icom 746 vs Yaesu FT920
From: "John Geiger" <aa5jg@lcisp.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 18:56:20 -0000
Have any list members had the chance to compare the FT920 to the Icom 746?
I have an Icom 746 and like the 100 watts on 2m, the audio peak filter for
CW, the ability to cascade filters at 2 IF, and the size of it (although the
TS570SG is a much better size).  However, the internal tuner and NB aren't
that great.  I have heard many say that the FT920 is a very good (but overly
large) rig, and is especially good on 6m.

So how do the 2 compare performancewise?  I like the fact that the FT920 has
the built in voice keyer, and I am unsure of what the FT450 is going to turn
out to be like.

73s John AA5JG
(ex: W5TD, NE0P, N0EEN, KA0IFG)
Confirmed 6M addict: 6M WAS #1275, 6m VUCC #1260