[Yaesu] FT-1000D PTT - Recover problem

To: yaesu@contesting.com,bmaser@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000D PTT - Recover problem
From: npalex@bellsouth.net
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 03:13:42 +0000
Bob,
If I understood your situation the FT-1000D when operating through the  AMP the
PTT/Audio recover is normal.  However when using the FT-1000D with the amp off
it has a long delay in recovery.  I have not run into that problem with my
FT-1000 but I would suggest the following to maybe get a little more
information as to possible cause.  If I remember correctly the FT-1000 non
Yaesu amplifier relay control is a relay contact, but it has to be activated by
changing a switch inside the radio.  I presume that is the way you are keying
your amplifier.  Several things happen when you press the PTT switch, one is
that relay is activated, and audio circuits are muted to prevent "pops"
reaching the speaker during the change over.  I suspect it is in the audio mute
circuit that is causing the problem.  But since there is seems to be a
relationship to the connection with the amplifier I would make some checks of
the amp keying circuit.  The simplest is to disconnect the keying cable from
  the amp, substitute another cable to a foot switch or any other means of
closing the circuit and keying the amplifier.  Key the amp, then the FT-1000
(with its keying cable disconnected) and see if now it hangs up even with the
amplifier.  If so, then I would investigate the radio keying circuit.  The only
contribution that the amplifier should make is there will be a DC voltage
available coming through the internal relay and that voltage is conveyed into
the FT-1000 control relay.  It should be isolated and not be a factor, but you
have to start somewhere.

Summary of my thought - Find out if the keying voltage coming from the
Amplifier has any contribution to the FT 1000 hang-up.

Good luck,
Norm W4QN
w4qn@bellsouth.net
==================================
No, because it works fine when the amp is on line. And also all of the
audio  is muted, not even background noise is getting through.  I am not using
an
amp interface because according to Yaesu it can handle the load put out by
> > the Henry, which is about 160ma @ 24VDC.

 Hi gang, I am new to this reflector and, since I own a few Yaesu
radios,  I  thought it would be wise to join your group.

 I have a problem with my FT1000D.  I use it mainly on SSB and always
 PTT.  When running the radio barefoot, after making a transmission, the
 receiverdoes not "unmute" right away.  I can see that the rest of the receiver
 is working because I see the responding station on my S Meter but no audio
 for a few seconds.  The longer I have been transmitting the longer it takes
 for the audio to come back, and when it does come back, it comes on
 instantly. The strange thing is, when I have the amp on line (Henry 4K Ultra) I
 don't have the problem.
  Any suggestions?
  Tnx,
 Bob Maser  W6TR