Re: [Yaesu] Another form of eliminating ITV

Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Another form of eliminating ITV
From: John Tait <bravo@iol.ie>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 10:14:42 +0100
  Hi Eduardo..
      As stated below....ferrite is a Ham's best friend, when it comes
to TVI, BCI and RF in the shack.  I don't know if you can buy ferrite
cores in Cuba, but there is a cheap source of this material.  I have
been salvaging ferrite from old TV sets, and CRT computer monitors for
years. First of all there is the ferrite bead , which can be salvaged
from the VGA lead. These will usually fit RG58 coax very nicely. Then
there is the line output transformer. Remove the windings, and you have
a nice square shaped ferrite core, which is great for making baluns, or
for use as chokes on TV mains leads, antenna leads, loudspeaker leads
etc. Last but not least, there are the scan coils. Remove the windings,
and you have a large chunk of ferrite. This can be cut or broken into
useful pieces, onto which you can again wind mains leads etc to create
an RF choke.
    Good luck with your ITV (TVI) problem Eduardo
               Vy 73
           John EI7BA