Re: [Yaesu] FT1000MP Key click mod

Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT1000MP Key click mod
From: Jan Erik Holm <sm2ekm@telia.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 12:49:22 +0200
Even with this mod the MP clicks. It clicks at the "break" side
so yes then the "falling edge" of the envelope is to fast.
You have to get at least 5 ms raise/fall time on the envelope
to make it decent.
Don´t know if it´s ever possible to get an MP "click free", I
know this much I would never use a FT1000MP on CW.

The FT1000D I have is a "boarder case". I tweaked fiddled with
it but I can´t say it´s "click free" however decent enough not
to get complaints from others on the band.

There is a W5 that claims he modified his MP and he says he got
it click free. However I have forgotten his call sign, Google
might be possible. As I understan it he did quite extensive work
on it.

/ Jim SM2EKM