[Yaesu] Intermittent DSP

To: Yeasu Reflector <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Intermittent DSP
From: jcowens1@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 19:36:58 +0000 (UTC)

I have been experiencing intermittent DSP circuit function in my FT-1000MP. The
receiver appears to be working properly with the DSP curcuits not activated
(DSP switch off and not lit), but no audio is coming through if the DSP switch
is on and lit if there are are any settings for CONTOUR or NR.  If both of
those controls are set to OFF, but the DSP switch is pressed and lit, the audio
comes through unfiltered. This occurs for either SSB mode settings (LSB or USB)
or CW. Audio seems normal for AM, FM or other mode settings.

When I say intermittent, I mean that with the DSP circuits activated with some
DSP CONTOUR or NR settings, there is no audio coming through at all, and then
it will randomly start coming through with DSP circuits working properly, and
then may disappear completely again. It sort of toggles off and on randomly.

Has anyone experienced this kind of problem before?? If so, how did you deal
with it.

John Owens -  N7TK

Celebrating over 50 Years in Ham Radio
No. 1 Honor Roll