Re: [Yaesu] FT1000D on RTTY

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT1000D on RTTY
From: Paul Gerhardt <phgerhardt@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:59:10 -0400
I used the FSK RTTY on my MK V for the 1st time this year with the FSK
interface from last Aug QST.  It works well.  The interface basically takes
the AFSK from the soundcard and decodes it back to two keyed lines one for
Mark and One for Space.  I used it with N1MM.  The advantage is you can use
the RTTY or CW filters and the tuning indicator on the MK 5.  This will
work on the D as well as it uses the same DIN connector on the back.  I
have one working and one that is complete except for the ATMEL chip and
program.  If anyone is interested in the 2nd one as a project let me know.
 I think there are some pix on my blog

Paul Gerhardt
K3PG
http://pgerhardt.blogspot.com
QRP ARCI 6674
FP 274
"You must do this work with love or you fail." -- John Muir, from How to
Keep Your Volkswagen Alive