Re: [Yaesu] FT990 tuner problem

To: <dgmaley@commspeed.net>, <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT990 tuner problem
From: "Privacy4me2" <privacy4me2please@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 23:15:54 +0200
Hi Dave, thank you for the quick reply.

Unfortunately the problem is not the battery, I just cheked it (again) but
it it was too low/empty, the tuner would have behaved as it does with the
backup switch off. (The battery is 3.18V in the backup on position)

When the backup switch is off, the radio tries to tune everytime it is
powered op again at every firtst TX, in one of the 39 memory sections. So
the tuner seems to work fine.
I just will not respond when I press START. When I press start, the RF
output is on, but there is no tuning action. I can not figure out what makes
the tuner start, or in this case fails to make the tuner start tuning.

Regards,

Edwin PE1PWF