Re: [Yaesu] FT990 tuner problem

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT990 tuner problem
From: "Privacy4me2" <privacy4me2please@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 20:52:59 +0200
In case anyone was wondering what happened to the tuner.....

Unfortunately the tuner still behaves the same.
Pressing START turns on the transmit and wait lled, the unit makes some RF
power, but doens not tune.
After pressing START I need to press it again to turn the transmitter off, a
tuningsequence does not get started, so there seems to be no end.
If I cycle the power (after pressing start once tuning seems to be disabled)
and press MOX in CW, the tuner instantly tunes a badly matched antenna. This
only works with the backupswitch set to off (on the tuner control board).
So the tuner is not a total defect.

I guess now I am looking for a tuner for this radio because the fault seems
to be in the tuner conrtrol board. Don't be shy to mail we when you now a
tuner for sale.

Regards,

Edwin PE1PWF