Re: [Yaesu] FT1000 going wokie

To: Kevan Nason <knason00@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT1000 going wokie
From: John Tait <bravo@iol.ie>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 21:04:31 +0100
The most common cause of low/ intermittent  signal, is a bad solder
joint where the antenna socket connects to PCB with the antenna select
relays at the back of the rig. The connecting wire is stiff, and
pressure on the antenna socket breaks the solder joint giving a bad
connection. The cure is to replace the link with a piece of multi-strand
wire which is more flexible.
      I have come across this problem on many MPs.
                Good luck, vy 73
                    John EI7BA