[Yaesu] Ftdx 3000 xcvr

To: "yaesu@contesting.com" <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Ftdx 3000 xcvr
From: wa9dgm@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 18:41:56 -0800
Just purchased one. A big problem found in the rcvr section. At a hro store in
the bay area I was tuning thru the shortwave freq's btwn 8-10 MHz. I found am
signals from abt 8.8 to 9.1mhz.  These were cb signals ie 9.024 MHz was from a
signal at 27.024 MHz. And these were not local, but from the Midwest and east
coast. Once you got out of the range of 8.8-9.2 MHz . This problem disappeared.
Use of the ipo and attenuator functions. Would reduce, but not get rid of. Note
antennas used a tribander with 40 meter add on. Another radio (mine) had same
problem. Somthing in the rcvr bp filters is not right, heads up. Yeasu called
awaiting a answer. 73 John. Wa9dgm