Re: [Yaesu] 8 pin DIN needed for FT-1000D Band Data//thanks all

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] 8 pin DIN needed for FT-1000D Band Data//thanks all
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 18:03:50 -0500
On 11/30/2012 3:06 PM, AB2E Darrell wrote:

Thanks to all who replied with useful suggestions.
I obtained one from someone on the list.

2 things worth mentioning...
The proper DIN is available for $1.50 +shipping from www.therfc.com part #
DP8/262
N3SL suggested using a Yaesu 5pin Din which will fit nicely in the 7 pin socket
(has the pins needed to key an amp but if you also need the Band Data function
it may not work).

be careful when purchasing replacement SIN plugs. Many use a low temp thermoplastic that melts easily and can be a real bear to solder. IIRC these are not mini DINs and are easier to solder even if they are the "cheap stuff"

For my 897D I used an Apple printer cable and cut one end off. Twas cheaper from Amazon than one of the good connectors.

73

Roger (K8RI)

Thanks again to all who sent me speedy replies and suggestions!
What a great group!
73 Darrell AB2E