Re: [Yaesu] FT1000MP won't transmit on just 40M

To: Carl Lester <carl_s_lester@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT1000MP won't transmit on just 40M
From: Cecil <chacuff@cableone.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 09:07:19 -0600
Chester when you say won't transmit at all can you be more descriptive?  Does
the TX LED come on when the radio is keyed?  With the meter looking at the DC
current being drawn does the current being drawn increase when the radio is
keyed?  It's been a while since I've owned a MKV so I'm not clear on the
metering positions but you should be able to monitor the DC voltage and current.

You could have a transmit bandpass filter relay in trouble...or if they are
switched in and out with pin diodes one of them has failed...like I said it's
been a few years since I owned one or looked at a schematic for one...

To me that's the most logical explanation.

If the current drawn by the radio on that band increases as on other bands when
keyed on 40m but there is no RF output...that is most likely the cause.  I'm
sure you have already verified that you have selected the correct antenna port
for that band? I believe that's switchable from the front panel.

Good luck with it...

Cecil
K5DL

Sent using recycled electrons.