[Yaesu] FT-1000 Tuning Upgrade Kit Instructions from International Radio

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000 Tuning Upgrade Kit Instructions from International Radio Services
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 13:43:13 -0400
Thanks to all who came to my rescue with offers to help.  John, GW4SKA just
sent me the .PDF scans.  With that, hopefully I can make some good progress.

The oddity to the FT-1000D's memory loss is that the back-up battery voltage
appears all the way to the one and only connection point and that's the
28-pin RAM chip.  Through a steering diode, that point is in parallel with a
+5V source from the power supply for memory operation while the rig is
running.  So, all normal there.

All I can figure is that the back-up core
of the RAM isn’t loading.  The Yaesu service manual is of zero help; there's
no description of the load/recall. However, while the rig is powered on and making panel changes, it does retain frequency, band, memories, etc. But all is lost at power-up and reverts to 7.000 MHz on both VFOs.

I'll post results when I find the root cause.

Paul, W9AC