Re: [Yaesu] ft-1000mp mod?

To: "'Yaesu reflector'" <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] ft-1000mp mod?
From: "David Robbins" <k1ttt@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 12:51:18 -0000
Hmmm, simple option, no board modifications, easy access, no measurable
change to rx I can see... after going through the rf board bandpass filters
the rx rf is split to go to the first mixer to get it to 70MHz for the main
rx, and to be sent to the sub rx board.  It is very convenient to unplug the
red rf input coax at the top back of the sub rx, put in a Y cable, and send
that to the sdr.  This has a big advantage for me in that it is already
bandpass filtered by the radio's rf board which will remove most of the
signals from the other stations in multi-multi contests.  it also will let
the operator see exactly what is on either his tx or separate rx antenna.
And it is muted by the t/r relay when the radio transmits.  And requires no
external relay to switch the rx antenna.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net:7373