Re: [Yaesu] Splitting FT-1000mp CAT port

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Splitting FT-1000mp CAT port
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 15:59:28 -0400

"Splitting" the CAT port on older Yaesu transceivers (prior to the
FTdx9000/FT-2000) is not likely to work because of the "binary"
nature of the original Yaesu CAT protocol.  The original protocol
has no identifying information to tell the various software what
command ("poll") the information is responding to and because of
that the various software becomes hopelessly confused.

The *only* possible way one can split the "old" Yaesu rigs is if
all the software involved supports a rig proxy driver like OmniRig
which handles all communications with the rig and respond to each
application directly.  To the best of my knowledge (from searching
the respective web site/help file), neither N1MM Logger+ nor VQLog
will work with OmniRig.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV