[Yaesu] FT-1000 Mk V T/R switching problem?

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000 Mk V T/R switching problem?
From: Paul Gerhardt <phgerhardt@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 19:40:47 -0400
I have a FT-1000 Mk V that is having a T/R switching problem.  Over the
last several months, I thought it was the wire to my footswitch shorting
out as it would sometimes be in Transmit when 1st turned on.  I would reach
behind and wiggle everything and it would clear up, so I thought it was the
footswitch wire.  Today it would not clear so I unplugged it and it still
would not clear so I turned it off and back on.  Now it will not go into
transmit or come out of transmit unless I cycle the power.  The MOX and VOX
modes all share the same problem.  Has any experienced a T/R switching
failure.  I feel it may be an old failing component.

Thanks for your help

73's

Paul

--