[3830] IARU VA7ST SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU VA7ST SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 10:40:25 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SO CW LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

  160:    2     0       2
   80:   33     0       6
   40:   57     0       5
   20:   86     0      16
   15:    3     0       2
   10:
---------------------------
Total:  181     0      31  Total Score = 17,019

Club:

Comments:

Conditions not very good, and the score was way down from 2002 (235 Qs and 61500
points), but I had a great time and even had my best run ever -- including a
4-QSO per minute episode, which really made my day. Didn't hear very many HQ
stations, although others seem to have worked a pile of them.

Felt like I put in more time than the 8.5 hours recorded by the software, but I
trust the clock better than my rough estimates of time on. It was tough to stick
to the radio when every band seemed dead as a post on Saturday morning and early
afternoon.

Used N1MM for the first time in a contest, and found it a great tool. Not a
single problem. Without it, I don't think I'd have been able to handle the few
brief bursts of rapid activity -- had the 10 minute rate at 125 for a while
there on 40m. For a guy conditioned to handle an average of one QSO every three
or four minutes, it was a blast!

As always, I'm already looking forward to the next one.

Thanks for the contacts, and especially to those who braved the QRN to pull out
my 100w signal.

73,

Bud, VA7ST (VE7ASK)