[3830] NA Sprint RTTY VA7ST LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint RTTY VA7ST LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 20:20:45 -0800
                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Winfield, BC
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:    3     0.1
   40:   47     1.4
   20:   52     2.5
---------------------

Club:

Team: TCG Blackhole Sprinters

Comments:

Rig and Antennas:
-- FT-920 (about 90 watts out for RTTY)
-- 40m inverted Vee at 30 ft.
-- 80m dipole at 30 ft. max.
-- DF4SA Spider Beam at 27 ft.
-- N1MM Logger and MMTTY

Got off to a slow start, stayed slow till final hour. 40M takes a while to
warm up at this QTH, but when it's hot, it's hot -- at least for close-in
states.

Had a super time, and although this is my lowest score so far, it's a personal
best by 1 Q (score is a bit lower due to far fewer mults this time). I think I
am getting a bit swifter with the tuning and leapfrogging, but propagation just
wasn't that good tonight.

Wanted to do more for the Black Hole gang, but I guess being in a black hole
played out pretty much as expected, hi.

For comparison:

Sprint      Qs   Mults  Points
Oct. 2002   95     22    2090
Mar. 2003  101     34    3434
Oct. 2003   76     27    2052
Mar. 2004  102     19    1938

Thanks for the QSOs! See everyone in the next sprints with better, higher
antennas.

-- Bud, VA7ST (VE7ASK)