[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [RFI] CFL Bulbs that are OK!

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] CFL Bulbs that are OK!
From: Andy <ingraham.ma.ultranet@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 18:27:57 -0500
List-post: <rfi@contesting.com">mailto:rfi@contesting.com>
> : In school we were taught to LEAVE THE ROOM IMMEDIATELY if a
> : fluorescent tube broke; so there were exceptions, even 4 decades ago.
> Probably due to the massive cloud of phosphorus that would fill the room and
> our little lungs.

Yeah, that's what I thought the problem was.

But some years later someone told me the real danger was mercury.  But
I don't take that person's opinion as very authoritative.

Heck, we used to play with mercury in grade school.  I remember those
slippery quarters dipped in mercury.  Some people brought drops of
mercury home in their pants pockets.

RFI mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>