CC&Rs dispute update and AE0M NAQP CW & SSB scores

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: CC&Rs dispute update and AE0M NAQP CW & SSB scores
From: AJBecker@aol.com (AJBecker@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 1996 13:49:31 -0500
                             NA QSO CW

         Operator : AE0M
         Category : Single Op
              Hrs : 8:12
             Club : Northern California Contest Club
              RIG : FT990 and 486DX2-66 MHz running TRLog v 5.51

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Ants.

   80CW        6           6          6       3    Attic Dipole, as a Marconi
   40CW       68          68         68      26    Attic Dipole, as a Marconi
   20CW       92          92         92      30    Attic Dipole
 Totals      166         166        166      59  => 9794 points.

QXQ:  The HOA Board reported our Delta Loops to the the county road
supervisor who sent a bucket truck to remove the supporting string from
the county's tree.

Lawyer Phil Kane, N6SP, specializes in telecommunication law and advised us
on a proposal to the HOA admitting nothing and proposing that the invisible
antennas thus lost be replaced by a 50' mast with a TH3 and wires temporarily

erected ala Field Day during contest seasons.  The HOA Board meets on Monday,

Jan 15.

Hope that the folks in the other half of this town house had no RFI and heard

no complaints.  They will have to complain to the HOA Board if they do.

                            NA QSO SSB

        Operators : AE0M, N0BBS
              Hrs : 5:15
         Category : MULTI-OP
             Club : Northern California Contest Club
              RIG : FT990 and 486DX2-66 MHz running TRLog v 5.51

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Ant

   80SSB      18          18         18       5    Attic Dipole, as a Marconi
   40SSB      24          24         24       9    Attic Dipole, as a Marconi
   20SSB      39          39         39      22    Attic Dipole
   15SSB       2           2          2       2    Attic Dipole
 Totals       83          83         83      38 => 3154 points.

QXQ: The HOA has our proposal for Field Day style operations in future under
consideration now and must respond this month.  Counsel from attorney N6SP
suggested we wait for a response before erecting any outdoor antennas.  Back
to the Attic Dipole and too bad for the nice folks who share our duplex.
Hope that they had no RFI and heard no complaints.  Its a Good Thing NAQP is
a low power event.

The irony of having one phone call to the county place the board in the
position of having to give its permission for a highly visible 50' mast and
Tribander instead of the nearly invisible set of four delta loops is
appreciated by the board.  Don't think I am gloating though.  This may mean
that every contest will be accompanied by a Field Day style antenna effort.
Up, down, up, down etc.  Even Brer Rabbit only had to be thrown into the
briar patch once.  On the other hand, my scores should improve noticably.

The HOA board member next door whose husband is a ham has announced their
intent to sell their unit ASAP.
AE0M, Tony Becker - becker@shell.portal.com - Silicon Valley, U.S.A.