K0EJ SSB NAQP/Breakdown

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: K0EJ SSB NAQP/Breakdown
From: SPECK@uansv3.Vanderbilt.Edu (SPECK@uansv3.Vanderbilt.Edu)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 10:43:11 -0600 (CST)
160     119 x 30
 80     190 x 40
 40      29 x 16
 20      66 x 23
 15     100 x 19
 10      17 x  9       Tennessee Contest Group Team #2
-------------------
        521  x 137  = 71,377 (op time per NA: 7:55)

Strange what a week will do.  Had only planned on a small effort for TCG so
spent a lot of time on 10 and 15 hoping for scatter contacts to try and finish
5BWAS from TN.  Both bands played far better than CW weekend, KH6CC on 10!
Didn't get any new states and missed 40/20M when bands seemed to go long (or
disappear completely!). My 12 year-old daughter (Maegan of SquINT fame) was
having a slumber party and wife was feeling ill (clever timing) so had a few
15 and 20 minute breaks, so actual time on radio was probably closer to 6-1/2
or 7 hours.  80 was good, 160 was fair with a RF wall in Colorado-don't think
I made any 160 Qs west of there - again very different from CW weekend. Bottom
line: coulda done better but still had a blast!

Fellow TCGer WA6KUI breakdown:

160      63 x 22
 80     103 x 31
 40     133 x 41
 20      59 x 24
 15      41 x 16
 10      11 x  7
        410 x 141 = 57,810       Tennessee Contest Group Team #1

                                        73,  Mark K0EJ