CQ 160 VE7CQK/qrp

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: CQ 160 VE7CQK/qrp
From: paul1@wizard.ucs.sfu.ca (Paul Erickson)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 96 11:24:28 PST

>                         CQ 160 METER CONTEST           1970
>

>       Call: VE7CQK                   Country:  Canada
>       Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator/ QRP
>
>                QSO   QSO PTS  STATES COUNTRIES
>

>      Totals     20      85       7       1    =   680
>

> All reports sent were 59(9), unless otherwise noted.
>
> Equipment Description:
>
> Rig:  QRP PLUS - 5 watts
>
> Antenna: Random wire up about 20ft

First time on 160 running qrp with severe antenna limitations. Any qrpers
out there with suggestions for maximum efficiency in a small city lot? I'm
thinking of a 60ft vertical, but radials will be very limited due to
landlords etc.

Learned lots. Would appreciate exchanging notes with other qrpers.

Golden ear awards to all who heard me.

cheers, Paul
VE7CQK
email: paul1@wizard.ucs.sfu.ca