KB0IHM SPRINT SSB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: KB0IHM SPRINT SSB LP
From: pkorkows@badlands.nodak.edu (Patrick J. Korkowski)
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 1996 16:52:55 -0600
KB0IHM SSB NA Sprint Score

Low Power

Team SMC and Friends

Band    Q's
 20      8
 40     43
 80     15

 66 Q's * 25 mults = 1650 points

Hours of Operation:  3:20

My last Q was at 2:40.  After that, I called station, after station, after
station, but I couldn't get anyone to come back to me.  After forty minutes
without any response I finally decided to call it a night.  Also, in the
last 40 minutes where I was making Q's I only had eleven.  What does this
all mean?  I think that I need to improve my setup for phone a little.
After I had thrown in the towel, I tried to fit in with our 75 meter
friends, and I whistled into the mike for a bit, trying to see how much
power I was putting out.  It was peaking at 20 W.  On cw, it would put out
100 W.  Should I lose this much power?  I should mention that my rig is an
IC 725, and that I am still using the mike that comes with it.  Would either
a different mike, or maybe a speech processor help me out a bit?  Well now
that I have my whining out of the way, if anyone would like to give me
advice please email me directly.

73, and see you next week, probably as W0HSC

        Pat, KB0IHM, pkorkows@badlands.nodak.edu