WT1O ARRL DX CW Score Low Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: WT1O ARRL DX CW Score Low Power
From: bmelvin@benthos.com (bmelvin@benthos.com)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 16:45:14 -0500
WT1O ARRL DX CW single-op all band low power:

160 19   14
80    77  33
40    91  40
20   196 56
15   22   18
10     4     3
_________

  409   164    201,228 points

Equipment:
Omni D
KT34A @ 95'
40 M Delta Loop @ 70'
80 M Inverted V @ 90'
160 M N4KG Vertical

First serious DX contest from new QTH but disappointed in score.  Ran
out of steam early on Saturday morning after having the flu all week
and decided to take it easy.  Found low bands very noisy Friday nite
and found 20 very very crowded Sat and Sun morning. Made 25 percent of
my Q's in 2 hours Saturday morning on 20.  Didn't op much in the
afternoons.
My KT34 has an intermitant problem on 15 which kept tripping the ALC on
the Omni meaning it has to come down for fixing.  Used a sheet with a
table numbered .000 to .099 to note where new multipliers were cqing so
I could easily find them again until I had worked them. Worked really
well since I did 80% search and pouncing.  Had a good time cqing on 80
for the last couple of hours having a number of Europeans return.  Felt
like I was just over the noise on 80 into Europe and putting up an
antenna with a
little gain could make 80 a good band especially if 40 is congested.
Found running low power that I ended up working lots of my mults in the
last 4 hours of the contest.   73 Bob

+ http://www.benthos.com +
+ telnet to benthos.com  +