Small ARRL SSB Effort

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: Small ARRL SSB Effort
From: DLYNCH@PICARD.EVMS.EDU (DLYNCH@PICARD.EVMS.EDU)
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 1996 10:00:44 -0400 (EDT)
Station: W4ZYT          Op: Don Lynch           QTH: Va Beach, VA
Category: Single Op (No Packet)                 Power: 1500 W PEP

Band            QSOs    Points          Countries
  20            100      300                51
  15             58      174                32
                158      474                83
Total = 39,342
Time = 3.5 hours

Equipment:      Yaesu FT-1000D; Alpha 89; Sommer XP807 @ 60'

Was on call for our practice this weekend, so I knew participation
would be limited, however, Alexander Graham Bell cospired to limit
it even more than anticipated.  Busy pager coupled with a couple of
mid-afternoon and early evening emergency room runs prevented me
from getting any real momentum. Stayed away from 40 and 80, and
have no antenna on 160 - 40 and 80 phone DX always reaffirms why I
spend most of my time on CW - HI.  10 meters was dead as a doornail
everytime I listened, although I did see a few South American spots
there when I checked the cluster after the contest Sunday evening.
Never heard a thing myself.  It was till fun, but conditions can only
get better now.  Vy 73, Don