KJ6HO ARRL DX SO/AB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: KJ6HO ARRL DX SO/AB LP
From: KJ6HO@aol.com (KJ6HO@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 00:49:12 -0500
Subj:   KJ6HO ARRL DX SO/AB LP
To: <3830@contesting.com>
Date:   96-03-05 00:28:39 EST
From:   KJ6HO
To:     3830@AKORN.NET
CC:     kj6ho@aol.com(Larry Shapiro)

                     1996 ARRL DX SSB CONTEST

CALL : KJ6HO
CATEGORY : SINGLE OP ALL BAND LOW PWR, UNASSISTED
OPERATING TIME :39.53

    BAND         Q's              COUNTRIES         ANTS

  160               7                 3                  INV VEE @90FT
    80             49                28                 ROTATABLE @96FT
    40            154               31                 F12 620/340   @90FT
    20            286               72                 "   "
                  "
    15            126               47                 F12 6 EL@104FT
    10              54               18                 CUSH 3 EL ON
CHIMNEY@26FT
TOTALS    676                  199  = 403,572 PTS

SOAP :Running low power in a dx contest like this one from california is
brutal..at least at this part of the cycle..My 1st 24 hours went well and i
was focused..After my 1st break,i really had a hard time keeping at it..rate
was slow and i kept wishing my neighbors would let me use high power..beat
last years score with much worse conditions so in general i was happy..most
of the contest was spent S&Ping but had a few nice runs on 20 and 40m to
japan..

HIGHLITES: ZF2ND spending the time to pull me out on 160..new band country!
nice 10m opening on sunday..good for us low pwr guys.

LOWLITES: had 2 rfi complaints from my neighbor when i was on 10m..had to use
my 15m beam on 10m for half an hour..wasn't fun..when i was in the s&p
mode,which was most of the time..spent way too much time waiting for guys to
give their call!!!why do they do this??think this problem is getting
worse..any opinions on this??

cu in wpx..73 de KJ6HO