WPX SSB result (rookie-class)

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: WPX SSB result (rookie-class)
From: kim@multi.fi (Kim Östman)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 12:09:11 +0300
--=====================_828558677==_

Hi folks !

Well, so my second WPX SSB is over. It was nice to be in the contest, although
i didn't have 1000 QSOs as my goal was hi..20 meter was VERY packed, but i found
some holes now and then to call CQ on. Didn't work too many W's, it was mostly
Europe when i CQed...I don't have an own driver's license yet (i'm 17) so i was
picked up from our summer house (the contest-QTH) in the evenings by my mother
or father (OH6GE). Imagine it when i come home in the evening and switch on
the good old TS-520 and listen a little to the 20m band before going to bed
....arrrghhh...those prefixes and DX's....!! Well, actually my two last QSOs
were made from home on sunday-evening using the TS-520 and long wire. I
called several stations but only two heard me. I was astonished to get CQed
in my face the first night by stations coming S9 + 20dB over to my place on
80meters when calling them...well maybe bigger and better antennas will do
the job. Thanks anyway for all the QSOs, it was fabulous to be in the
contest again with so much activity and nice stations.

Hope to work you in the CW-leg, i'm not sure if i will be home then, but in
the case i will : CU + GL !!

73 de Kim, OH6KZP

Summary should follow (first time writing with Eudora..so i'm not sure if
this works) :

--------------------

--=====================_828558677==_

                       CQ WORLD WIDE WPX CONTEST  1996

      Call: OI6KZP (op. OH6KZP)      Country:  Finland (036)
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator
                                               Rookie Class

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES

      160        1        2   2.0        1
       80      103      208   2.0       78
       40       71      184   2.6       34
       20      560      815   1.5      276
       15       37       65   1.8       24
       10        0        0   0.0        0

     Totals    772     1274   1.7      413  =   526,162

All reports sent were 59, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description:

TS-140S, AL-80A (600W), 100W on 160m (with 80m dipole..), 4 el. tribander
on 10-15-20 and dipoles on 40 & 80, MFJ-432 voice keyer