WB0OLA SprINT LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: WB0OLA SprINT LP
From: 76353.1416@compuserve.com (Jim Walter)
Date: 29 Apr 96 01:03:44 EDT
I had a slight improvement this time out with 63 qso's as opposed to 49 last
time.  Of course my accuracy last time was deplorable loosing 14 qso's.  I knew
my cw was rusty but didn't figure it was that bad.  I then checked my paper log
(had tried using CT and Alt - N the time before) and only found 5 errors.  I had
problems with the word processor when making the ascii file to send in, that
will teach me to move columns with Word Perfect.  But as Tree says, using the
Internet is part of the game.

This time I used the public domain version of TR and my own Cfg file.  I had
spent some time playing with it when I first downloaded it but not much
recently.  It certainly works quite well for my no frills operation here.  Rig,
TS-440S and R-5 vertical.  I took my dipole a couple of weeks ago to make room
for a Carolina Windom but haven't managed to get it up.  Worked 26 qso's on 40
with the shield disconnected on the coax to the R-5, only way I could get the
rig to load.  Anyway, thanks to all who worked my puny signal on 40.

The bottom line is I had a lot of fun and am looking forward to the next one.
Thanks again Tree.

73...Jim, WB0OLA, 76353.1416@compuserve.com