K8MR VHF QSO Party

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: K8MR VHF QSO Party
From: k8mr@barf80.nshore.org (Jim Stahl)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 96 09:37:52 EDT

     June VHF QSO Party  -  K8MR  -  single op  -  OH  -  EN91

     50     232  109    TR-6                         5L @ 80'
    144     122   30    TS-830S TV-502S   70 W      13B2 @75'
    222      29   20    DEM 222/28 RF Concepts 120W 16L @ 73'
    432      48   21    DEM 432/28                  16L @ 67'

  Total     431  180      91,440

My first time on 222; I bought the DEM kit at Dayton, and the
antenna went up at 11 am Saturday.  Several stations were passing
to 222.160 or 170; why so high,  out of the weak signal subband?
Here in N.E. Ohio 222.16 is used for PacketCluster linking, so I
had to suggest a frequency lower in the band.

Tropo was poor; in my first half hour Sunday morning I made only
3 QSOs.  Six was obviously a different story, although northeast
Ohio is a frustating location on six, too far from the east coast
for tropo, not far enough for Es.  VE9AA and VY2/W3EP were the
only Es QSOs in that direction.

Jim Stahl  K8MR   k8mr@barf80.nshore.org

Jim Stahl
InterNet: k8mr@barf80.nshore.org
Basic Amateur Radio Frequency, BARF-80 +1 216/237-8208
"Totally devoted to Amateur Radio" - 24 Hrs a day 8/N/1 14.4k-300 baud