Some scores - Canada Day Contest

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: Some scores - Canada Day Contest
From: ve2zp@bbs.ve3jf.ampr.org (ve2zp@bbs.ve3jf.ampr.org)
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 96 02:27:07
TO: VE6JY, VY2SS, VE5WI, VE7CFD, VE7AV, VE3BW, VA3MW, VY1JA (%VY1CM), VE3OXX
    VA3JAK, VE6KC, ALL@ALLCAN, cq-contest@tgv.com and 3830@akorn.net

RE: 1996 Canada Day Contest - Claimed Scores

4 July 1996 (Happy Independence Day to the US folks reading this)

My mailbox has been overflowing with messages detailing claimed scores for
this year's 1996 Canada Day Contest.  As usual, I will include as many
cliamed or rumoured scores as possible in September TCA, but the final
results will appear in the November issue of the magazine.

NOTE: I have not yet seen the logs, and I will not see them until early
August.  Please DO NOT consider these scores as definitive or final.  I'm
simply collecting and repeating the claims I have heard so far.

>From all accounts it was a banner year for participation, and there were some
tremendous scores made.  To date, here's what I have heard:

Call   Cat  QSOs Mul Score
VY2SS  A    1162  77   613,228 *
VY1RAC A    1168  60   408,840 *
  (op VY1JA)
VE3BW  A     542  81   363,566
VA3JAK A     750  48   334,176
VE7AV  14    680  24   119,568 *
VE7CFD 14    420  12    23,712
VC6RAC M    2836  99 1,838,430 *
VE6NQ  M     461  53   207,790

* Scores exceeding current records
A=Single op all bands
L=Single op all bands low power
14=Single op single band (MHz)
M=Multi-op

Was this really summertime conditions at the bottom of the sunspot cycle?

If you know of other scores, please send me a message with the details.
Whatever you do, make sure you send your entry to:

RAC Canada Day Contest
614 Norris Court - Unit 6
Kingston ON  K7L 4W2  CANADA

Thanks.  73,

Dave Goodwin VE2ZP/VE9CB
RAC HF Contest Manager (Adjudicator for the Canada Day Contest)

Packet: VE2ZP@VA3TCP.#EON.ON.CAN.NOAM
   or   VE9CB@VE1BBS.NS.CAN.NOAM

E-mail: ve2zp@bbs.ve3jf.ampr.org