N8AAT NAQP RTTY Contest, SOAB

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: N8AAT NAQP RTTY Contest, SOAB
From: jfeustle@UOFT02.UTOLEDO.EDU (Joseph A. Feustle, Jr.)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 13:58:19 -0400
NA QSO Party

Call used: N8AAT
Location:  OH

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band

Band    QSOs   QTH    DX
80        11     8     0
40        26    13     0
20        21    12     0
15         0     0     0
10         0     0     0
--------------------------------
Total     58    33     0

Score: 1914
--------------------------------------
Claimed Score: 1914
Power Output: 100
Club Participation: Mad River Contest Club

Equipment: TS850S, PK232, WF1B RTTY, 80286 computer, KT34A @ 45ft, Inv. Vee
for 40 @ 40ft, GAP Voyager.

Getting into this one went down to the wire. The WF1B logging program arrived
one hour before the contest. Learning that was the easy part. Getting the
different parts of my equipment to communicate with one another was
something else. Wanted to do FSK, but wound up doing AFSK. After a while,
I got used to tuning in RTTY signals--this is my first extended experience
with RTTY--though I wore my headphones to help me locate and tune the
signals. Didn't get going until the contest was 4 hours old.

Had loads of fun. Learned a lot. And, as a certain actor says, "I'll be
back."

N8AAT